Human Resources & Employment Information
Office of Human Resources
Wethersfield Board of Education
127 Hartford Avenue
Wethersfield, CT 06109
The Wethersfield Public Schools Department of Human Resources is a dynamic part of the school system, serving all full and part-time employees of the district. The Human Resources office is responsible for fringe benefit administration to employees and their families; negotiating insurance plan rates and other fringe benefit costs; maintaining accurate records of employment and attendance dates; administering retirement plan options; and other personnel functions.
To view our vacancies or start/modify an APPLICATION for all Certified, Non-Certified and Temporary Positions please CLICK HERE
Complete the online application only. Please do not forward additional information at this time. Once your application has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to you specifying the documents required if called for an interview. Thank you.
Human Resource Department staff members are available to counsel employees and their family members on plan details of the benefits available to them, including health, dental, and life insurance; tax-shelter annuities; and the Employee Personal Assistance Program. The department constantly strives to find cost efficiencies in providing benefits to Wethersfield Public Schools employees, while improving the quality of service.
- Ability to work in an integrated early childhood setting with typically developing children as well as special needs children. Highly preferred that candidates have specific training and/or prior experience with students with significant cognitive, social/emotional and learning needs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds. Must demonstrate the ability to sit in time segments of thirty (30) minutes, possibly on the floor or in a child-sized chair. Must be able to carry, push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. Generally, these jobs require 40% sitting, 30% standing and 30% walking.
- Ability to lift children and bend, kneel and sit on the floor.
- Paraprofessional must meet the highly qualified status of the No Child Left Behind Act: (Associate's Degree or two years of college education or Bachelor's Degree or have passed the ParaPro Assessment.)
- $15.00+ an hour for under 20-hour-week positions and $16.53-$20.21 an hour for over 20 hour positions.
Employee Manual & Collective Bargaining Agreements
Substitute Teachers and Paraprofessionals:
The Wethersfield Public School District has a need for substitute teachers and paraprofessionals every school day, and as a result has engaged Kelly Educational Staffing to manage the program for substitute teachers and paraprofessionals. Kelly Educational Staffing is dedicated to helping districts save money and operate at peak capacity by expeditiously fulfilling all staffing needs. Kelly Educational Staffing has proudly provided staffing to schools since 1997 with a daily placement rate greater than 98%. To date, over 90 million student learning days have been taught by a Kelly Educational Staffing substitute teacher. For more information, please visit www.kellyeducationalstaffing.com. To apply for substitute teaching and substitute paraprofessional position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The building nurse plays a critical role in the school in maintaining the well-being of our students. Ensuring as a District we have a pool of highly qualified and competent substitute nurses is crucial for the successful management of daily school operations. Substitute nurses are needed to fill in for ad hoc daily absences.
- Substitute Nurses Current pay rate is $200/day
- For substitute nurses, please contact Chlo-Anne Gonsalves at 571-8350
Substitute Support Staff Vacancies:
We are currently accepting applications for Part-Time Substitutes in the following positions (contact Wethersfield HR for more information):
- School Lunch Period Aides
- Location: Various Schools
- Starting Date: Open As Needed
- Salary Range: $12.00/Hour
Bus & Van Drivers, Job Coaches & Lunch Aide Information
Must have commercial driver's license.
Van Drivers - WPS Van - must have endorsements: P and V.
- 2.50 to 3.00 hours per day (depending on school location)