Student Guide to Help Self & Friends
If you are concerned about a friend, yourself, or even just have questions, these are the resources available to you at WHS:
(If you feel more comfortable speaking with a trusted teacher, that person can help access the appropriate resources.)
Guidance Department: 860-571-8267
Alcohol and Drug Problems Association of North America
- The Alcohol and Drug Problems Association of North America addresses the prevention and recovery of alcohol and substance abuse. Call: (314) 589-6702
- This is a support group for family members and friends of alcoholics. Call: (888) 4AL-ANON
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- AA's primary purpose is to carry the message of recovery for alcoholics. AA also lists symptoms of specific drugs and offers literature on sobriety and drinking.
- This informational page by the National Children's Coalition offers facts about drugs and alcohol, teen recovery groups, and a drug and alcohol resource center.
- SADD is a peer leadership organization dedicated to preventing underage drinking, other drug use, impaired driving, and destructive decisions.
Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- NA is an international, community-based association of recovering drug addicts. Call: (818) 773-9999
- It is an easy to remember telephone number, which can connect people with important community resources i.e., drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation. Dial: 211