Graduation July 6th (updated June July 2, 2020)
Given that Governor Lamont has eased restrictions on gatherings, Wethersfield High School is having a summer graduation on Cottone Field on Monday, July 6th. Based on the guidelines of no more than 150 people in a large gathering, there will be two waves given our graduating class size. The ceremonies are students only and will be live streamed.
The first wave will take place at 9:00 am for students with the last name beginning with A - K and the second wave will take place at 11:00 am for students with last names beginning L - Z. Class officers, valedictorian and salutatorian will attend both ceremonies as well as award recipients.
Governor Lamont is suggesting that anyone who traveled to the following states quarantine for two weeks after coming to CT: California, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Utah. Travelers from these states can also get tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival to CT. If negative, the quarantine will be lifted.
Please arrive 1/2 hour prior to your scheduled ceremony. Upon arrival to WHS via Wolcott Hill Road, students will park in the north east parking lot next to the tennis courts and walk down to the north west parking lot closer to Cottone Field. Please avoid congregating. Graduates will be instructed on how to line up by staff members. Masks are mandatory to participate. There will be a table at the loading dock area for students to pick up honor society sashes and chords as well as class officer, salutatorian and valedictorian sashes. They will be returned after the recessional.
The program is as follows:
- Processional from north west parking lot, through Cottone Field Gates into the home (west) grandstands.
- Principal Moore welcomes the class and introduces Grace Conneely, class vice president, who will lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Grace Conneely introduces the playing of the National Anthem
- Principal Moore introduces Kiara Lazu for her salutatorian speech
- Principal Moore introduces Isaac Santos for his class president speech
- Principal Moore introduces Aaron Ky for his valedictorian speech
- Grace Connelly presents the Board Chair Award
- Amina Shakeel, class secretary, presents the first Board of Education Award of Excellence
- Rei Koni, class treasurer, presents the second Board of Education Award of Excellence
- Principal Moore certifies the graduates
- Class officers lead the class in the moving of their tassels
- Recessional out of Cottone Field to the north west parking lot. Depart after recessional.