Item Return, Yearbook and Cap & Gown Pickup
Each graduating senior is assigned a scheduled a timeframe to come to WHS to:
- return textbooks, sports and band uniforms, instruments and any other school equipment and property (chromebooks will be returned on a seperate days)
- receive cap & gowns
- receive 2020 yearbooks
- receive Safe Grad Swag Bag and Food
June 9th, 10th, 11th
- Graduating seniors will return their district-issued Chromebooks.
- To ensure appropriate social distancing and keep all students and staff safe, each graduating senior will be assigned a specific drop-off window on either 6/9, 6/10, or 6/11. All seniors should have received an email with your assigned drop-off window via email on Friday, May 29.
- We will follow a contactless drop-off protocol. All students will enter through the WHS pool/community entrance and place the Chromebook on the designated drop-off table.
- We ask that all students and/or families please wear a mask or other face covering to protect yourself and others when entering the school building, and maintain at least 6 feet distance from other students and staff.
- If you did not receive an email with a time slot, or you are not able to come to WHS at the assigned time, please contact email@example.com to reschedule.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the homes of the graduates
- Motorcade (updated May 25th)
Details will continue to be developed
A virtual graduation ceremony will be shared with graduates and the community. This will include speeches, a slideshow of graduates in a cap and gown and the announcement of awards. If, at the end of June, restrictions are lifted, we will attempt to have a live student only graduation ceremony at some point in July or August in lieu of the virtual ceremony. We are keeping in close contact with the Central Connecticut Health District and the Connecticut Department of Public Health to help us make this determination. Should restrictions be lifted, we are also looking at a potential yearbook signing event and a formal/prom event at WHS. Senior graduates will be given instructions for the senior slideshow.
This webpage will be updated on a continual basis. Please check back frequently.