Registration Information, Medical Form & Athletic Handbook
WETHERSFIELD HIGH SCHOOL
2018 FALL SPORT REGISTRATION/TRYOUT INFORMATION (TENTATIVE)
**Dates/locations subject to change**
Students will become eligible to participate in Interscholastic Athletics if they have:
1. registered online with the Athletic Department;
· All athletes must complete the online registration process. Students and parents/guardians will be sent a Sports InfoSnap Registration Code on August 2nd.
· The registration portal will be available August 2nd - August 22nd.
2. a valid physical on file with the school;
· To participate in CT High School Athletics a current physical must be on file with the school. A copy of any recent physical should be brought to the Athletic Department when submitting payment and receiving the yellow card indicating student eligibility (see dates below). A blank copy of the sports physical form can be found on the athletic department’s website.
3. paid the participation fee;
· We accept online payment via Credit Card or E-check (both have a 3.49% non-refundable service charge), cash or checks made payable to WPS ESCROW. Payments made by cash or check should be brought in when picking up your yellow card. DO NOT mail it in advance.
4. been issued a “yellow card” (see yellow card pick up dates below)
ALL ATHLETES MUST COMPLETE THE ENTIRE REGISTRATION PROCESS NOTED ABOVE PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE/TRYOUTS AND ALL ATHLETES ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT ALL TRYOUT DATE/TIMES. NO INCOMPLETE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. For more information about tryouts please email the head coach (contact info can be found on WHS Athletic Website).
CIAC SANCTIONED SPORTS AVAILABLE DURING THE FALL SEASON
Girls Cross Country: $60.00
Boys Cross Country: $60.00
Cheerleading (fall): $60.00
Dance (fall): $60.00
Girls Field Hockey: $70.00
Girls Swim & Dive: $70.00
Girls Soccer: $70.00
Boys Soccer: $70.00
Girls Volleyball: $80.00
Once the online registration is complete, students will still need to visit the Athletic Office in person, prior to the first day of tryouts/practice (see dates/times below), to verify or submit an active physical form (if needed) and to provide pay-to-participate fees (if you didn’t pay online). The Athletic Department will then issue a "yellow card" indicating the student is cleared to participate in tryouts. Payments made by cash or check should be brought in when picking up your yellow card. DO NOT mail it in advance.
Yellow Card Pickup Dates/Times
YELLOW CARD PICKUP DATES/TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
FOOTBALL ONLY PHYSICAL/REGISTRATION VERIFICATION & PAYMENT: (at the WHS Athletic Department)
Monday, August 13, 2018 from 8:00 am - 11:00 am AND 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
OTHER FALL SPORTS PHYSICAL/REGISTRATION VERIFICATION & PAYMENT: (at the WHS Athletic Department)
Cheerleading, Dance, Field Hockey, Girls Swimming, Girls Volleyball, Boys & Girls X-Country, and Boys & Girls Soccer
Monday - Wednesday, August 20-22, 2018 from 8:00 am - 11:00 am each day
Your athlete must bring their "yellow card" with them to their first day of tryouts/practice. This verifies to the coach that they are eligible to participate.
With the exception of Football, Fall sports officially start on Saturday, August 23rd, however, consult with the head coach via email for specific tryout dates (email addresses are on our website). Dates, times and locations of tryouts will be posted on the "Weekly Practice Schedule" tab on the WHS Athletic website.
Per CIAC guidelines, your child must have a current physical in order to register for a sport. If you have already registered for a sport, your most recent physical date will be noted in InfoSnap along with the expiration date. A physical is valid for 13 months. Please contact the Athletic Department if you have any questions. A blank sports physical form, if needed, can be found below.
If you do NOT make the team you tried out for, you may transfer to a sport that doesn't make cuts or pick up your refund in the Athletic Office by September 7th.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER 9/7/18 - REFUNDS WILL NOT BE MAILED TO YOUR HOME
WHS Athletic Department