S.D.M.S. Daily Bulletin
Stay warm and be safe!
Picture Day has been postponed and will be posted when rescheduled. Thank you for your patience!
Happy New Year to all!
May the new year be filled with peace, happiness and good health!
We will see Cohort 1 students in the building on January 4th and Cohort 2 students in the building on January 7th!
Beginning Wednesday, January 13th, students will have a remote synchronous schedule on Wednesdays.
Stay tuned. . .
Beginning on Wednesday, January 13th Remote Wednesdays will be more synchronous. Here are the details for further clarification:
- 8 am to 12:30 pm everyone will be attending all seven of your classes in 30 minute increments.
- There are 10 minute breaks between each period.
- Lunch break is from 12:30 to 1:00 pm.
- The period listed as UA Makeup on everyone's PowerSchool Schedule is by invitation only for students to make up UA work with their UA teachers. The UA teachers will send invitations to the students they want to meet with from 1:00 to 1:30 pm. If a student would like to make up work with a UA, they should contact the UA teacher to make arrangements for a meeting. If students do not need to make up UA work, they can use this time to be "screen free."
- The time period between 1:30 and 2:30 pm is Office Hours for all teachers. This is a time for students to make appointments with teachers and for teachers to make appointments with students. If students do not need this time to meet with a particular teacher, they should use this time to complete assignments, do homework, or read until 2:30 pm.
Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or concerns.
SDMS Crimson Team Kindness Club collection for
The Humane Society in Newington
Where: SDMS at school
When: January 14, 15, 19, 21 and 22
Collection: Boxes by the Cafeteria
Where: Outside of SDMS in front of the school
When: Saturday, January 23rd
Time: 11 am - 1:30 pm
SNOW DATE---Saturday, January 30th--same time
*See Attached for much-needed items
Thank you for supporting our club
We need your Help
Do you have any photos you can share for the school yearbook?
We Need Pictures
You contributing any photos you have is the best way to make sure you and your classmates are well represented in this year's yearbook! We need as many photos as we can get! Please make sure they are school appropriate.
Photos Needed For
Halloween/ Thanksgiving/ Christmas Break
(costume, cooking, decorations)
At home workspace
Quarantine style/ hobbies
Favorite mask- selfie
SEND IN PICTURES
When sending in photos make sure to include: Name and Grade
Don’t forget to charge your Chromebook every night while you are sleeping so that it is fully charged for the day at school.
Breakfast and lunch are free daily. Submit the Google form to order lunch so that we can prepare enough food. Getting an accurate food count is important.
You have been doing a great job in the cafeteria. Remember that once you finish eating you must put your mask back on. Everyone must face in the same direction.. Also, please do not get up to throw your garbage away, we will come to you. We appreciate your cooperation and help.
Keep up the great job you are doing wearing your masks, social distancing, staying 6 feet apart from each other, walking in a single file line, staying to the right side of the hallways and the staircases. Check for symptoms each morning before you come to school and stay home until you are symptom free if you are sick.
Always maintain a positive attitude. Think to yourself, “Yes I Can”. There is nothing you can’t accomplish if you put in the effort and try your best.
Brighten someone’s day by throwing kindness around like confetti. Kindness is a gift that everyone can afford to give!
Keep smiling behind your mask!
BRING IN YOUR BOX TOPS FROM HOME
LOOK FOR THEM ON PRODUCTS LIKE THESE:
Drop them off in the main office, and we will turn them in for $$ CASH $$ !!!
SDMS can then buy great things for our students.